VMware Cloud Community
ogorek123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

maximum datastore 880,62GB only?

I have created a raid 10 on my hdd drives and installed esx server 3i (3,5,0). When i enter Add Storage Wizard i can see device vmhba1:0:0 with Capacity 2,86TB but with available only 880,62GB. Why is that? What i cant use the whole capacity? I also cannot create more datastores if this one is created. Also, i cannot change its size or i maybe dont know where? Please advice

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Forums - the largest LUN ESX/ESXi can access is 2 TB - once you drop the LUN size to 2 TB you will be able to access the 2 TB -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Forums - the largest LUN ESX/ESXi can access is 2 TB - once you drop the LUN size to 2 TB you will be able to access the 2 TB -

0 Kudos
ogorek123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! So what is Your advice on raid configuration with 8hdd x 500gb + 2hdd x 136gb to match ESX server. Or maybe i should use existing RAID configuration and use some other tool to create more datastores

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Definitely mirror the 136 GB drives and use that to install the ESX software - Depending on what you plan to use the VMs for I would look at mirroring some of the 500 GB drives and maybe 1 RAID 5 with 4 of the drives - or if this is simply a test box maybe to 1.5 TB RAID sets

0 Kudos