VMware Cloud Community
vijaysys2007
Contributor
Contributor

installation help for ESX 3.0.1

Hi friends,

I have downloaded the esx 3.0.1. image. Even after properly, burning to bootable CD, the installation is not starting in HP DL 580G2 hardware....

could you please help me, what could be the issue, and how can i install from the iso image.

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi vijaysys2007,

We use the same type of hardware and have no problems at all.

Do you use ILO to mount the .iso file ?

It's a good approach to update your firmware first of your HP server before you install ESX on it.

Also have a look in the bios that usb support is enabled, this is used when mounting .iso files through ILO.

0 Kudos
vijaysys2007
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thanks for your support.

The download from the website was very proper and exactly 551 MB. yes, i mount .iso file through ILO b it didn't work. I have burn the cd also, but that also didn't boot properly.

Till now i have downloaded 3 times, but eveytime md5sum is different.....

I dont know how to solve this frustrating issue....

My final option is firmware upgrade for the server, but this server is a pretty new server, i dont know how to take care of this

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
aguacero
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

For iso verification, if you have vmware workstation on your desktiop, you can try booting to the CD to see if the boot menu comes up at least. If it does, then it will be a local issue at the server.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
gary1012
Expert
Expert

Something is messing with your download. You md5sum must match c0ce0e64da3c0d9f9acd6c05f04f179c.

Community Supported, Community Rewarded - Please consider marking questions answered and awarding points to the correct post. It helps us all.
0 Kudos
dmaster
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello vijaysys2007,

Download the latest firmware maintenance cd from the HP website. Try to mount with ILO. Reboot the server.

make sure USB support is enabled in the bios.

If your server boots from CD, when you mount it through ILO.. there is something wrong with your iso file of ESX.

If it won't boot try first booting from the physical cdrom drive with the HP maintenance firmware CD. And update all the drivers. also the driver for ILO.

Updating is very easy just boot from the cd and wait until you can click on a button upgrade firmware, you will see.

0 Kudos
williamarrata
Expert
Expert

Welcome to VMTN, and thanks foe comming to this site. I'm sure you'll get all the help you'll need. Anyway, lets get started with helping you with your issue. At the download page there is a checksum, make sure that your checksum value matches this, (md5sum:b532310bfd1a785a4a7e9b4bb20b703f) once that is verified, let us know and we'll continue with your issue.

Hope that helped. Smiley Happy

Hope that helped. 🙂
0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Your post has been moved to the ESX Server 3.0 forum

Dave Mishchenko

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos
williamarrata
Expert
Expert

OOPS, this is the correct checksum. (md5sum:c0ce0e64da3c0d9f9acd6c05f04f179c) Sorry about that.

Hope that helped. Smiley Happy

Hope that helped. 🙂
0 Kudos