VMware Cloud Community
aguacero
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

iSCSI Connectivity disappeared

Hey all,

After the esx host appeared to be hung up after trying to stop some services, we rebooted the host. After it came back up, we noticed all the datastores from this one esx host (within the cluster) would not connect to the iSCSI San. Nothing has changed at the SAN side. I've performed disabling/enabling the iSCSI software initator but still no success. Let me know if you guys can help. Still on hold with vmware support.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffDrury
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is this host able to ping your iSCSI target, can the target ping the ESX host? Has anything changed on the network? Is it possible that there is a duplicate IP address? Has the IQN name of the ESX host changed? I have seen where VC reports that the IQN is one thing while the ESX host will be sending another. If possible you should check with your iSCSI target to see if the correct IQN is being passed.

aguacero
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Nothing on the network has changed. The esx server can ping the san via "vmkping". The esx server is pingable by another esx host within the cluster.

0 Kudos
aguacero
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The problem was found. The SAN administrator had locked down the access to the SAN via the iSCSI vmkernel IP only before he went home in the morning. Once I added the IP of the service console associated with the iSCSI, then the datastores came back up.

0 Kudos