VMware Cloud Community
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

guides on setting up networking??

Hello, I've started collecting materials toward installing ESX Starter in the next few days.

It's an HP DL380 with dual NICs.

I know the Service Console needs its own NIC and that the other NIC can handle the traffic for the 3-4 VMs that will be on the box, only two VMs will be heavily used, the other two will be more lighter VMs.

I've tried to find references that explain how to set up the separate NICs etc. that are understandable to me as someone still new to ESX.

Any suggestions??

I know there are things like virtual switches etc. but that doesn't yet help me make the connection to the actual VMs in the host and how those get networked, they all have to be able to reach the Internet to at least get Windows Update until I can get a WSUS 3.0 VM created, then I should not have to worry about the VMs needing to touch the Internet...

I looked on esiebert's vmware-land.com but the titles of the links in the Networking section do not seem to be what I need.

Thanks a lot, Tom

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ANSA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ANSA
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Take a look here, under Networking

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vi3_301_201_server_config.pdf

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
tlyczko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have this, I didn't know that information was in there, now I know where to look, I apologize...

Thanks, Tom

0 Kudos