VMware Cloud Community
Natsidan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

failed to delete Vmap process

We are getting various Vmap process errors when trying to add host back in to the cluster and re configure HA. Looking at the various log files we get various process errors

failed to delete vmap process---internal vmap process error -- Vmap process already exists

I have done various things with the primary HA gent server via the FT_HOSTS file eg adding and removing the Hosts that as the issues but still no joy. My next option is to remove HA from the cluster and re add but i was hoping that there may be another alternative i have first

0 Kudos
2 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Occasionally, VMs will not fail over as expected in the event of a host failure. This is because of an intermittent issue with the agent that monitors the host, that causes the agent to crash. The agent is restarted automatically, but the failover of the VMs does not occur. If this happens, you should see a VMap process with a parent id of 1 (in the console OS, type "ps –ef | grep VMap" to see if this is the case). In addition, if you have set the "ulimit –c" appropriately, you will find a core file in the /opt/LGTOaam512/log/agent directory. If a VM does not failover, it will reconnect to the same host after the host is successfully restarted. However, the VM will be powered off and you will be required to power on the VM manually. Read page 9 for details If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems LLC.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

l would not add hostnames to that FT_HOSTS file. If there is an error, I would remove the faulty hostname, and have ha reconfigured to try and update the agent. If you're getting failures, then you have to verify the hostname resolution on all your hosts, and verify that your hostname/FQDN/IP address match in each server /etc/hosts file as well as DNS.

The reconfigure process should reload the agent and try to restart the process. Also, make sure there is space in your filesystem for the config and logfiles.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos