VMware Cloud Community
askogsberg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

exporting template to import into 3.5

Hi,

So far you guys have helped me out tremendously and looking for another answer. I have an ESX3.02 cluster with local datastores managed via VC2.0. I have a couple templates that I would like to move over to my newly created ESX3.5 farm that now has SAN attached DataStores. The template is powered off currently and I have tried to use WINSCP and PSCP to copy the template to the new ESX3.5 VMFS3 datastore. Using the below syntax and getting access denied.

pscp d:/

I have checked permissions and all seems to be correct but can't seem to figure out what is missing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

sure - it is /etc/ssh/sshd_config - here is a link for more information - - you can use a text editor like nano or vi to make the changes

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This can be due to a number of reasons -

1. insure that SSH Client port is opened on the originating host service console firewall

2. make sure root logins are allowed on the destination host by modifying the sshd_config changing the parameter permitrootlogin no to yes and restarting the SSHD service

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
askogsberg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks... Since I am fairly novice can you point me closer while I attempt to find this file? I am an old window's junky and slowing converting Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

sure - it is /etc/ssh/sshd_config - here is a link for more information - - you can use a text editor like nano or vi to make the changes

0 Kudos
askogsberg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

final question regarding this. Can these changes be made and the sshd daemon be restarted on the existing 3.02 production environment with no issue? I just want to make sure I don't go causing problems.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes it works the same way in both the 3.0.x and 3.5 environments - restart the SSH daemon will not cause any issues -