VMware Cloud Community
pearlyshells
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

creating new ESX account

I understand that it is Best Practice to use a user account on my ESX box vs the root acct whenever possible. How do I create a User Account on my ESX box. I know how to do it on my VirtualCenter Server but I understand it is different for the ESX host server

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ssumichrast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi pearlyshells:

To create accounts on ESX hosts you have to point your VIC to the ESX hosts directly. I've done this while the hosts are in a cluster configuration for DRS/HA, I just don't make any other modifications except the user accounts.

After you've connected to the host, click on the host itself and one of the tabs to the right is "Users & Groups" -- you can create new on-host users there.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ssumichrast
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi pearlyshells:

To create accounts on ESX hosts you have to point your VIC to the ESX hosts directly. I've done this while the hosts are in a cluster configuration for DRS/HA, I just don't make any other modifications except the user accounts.

After you've connected to the host, click on the host itself and one of the tabs to the right is "Users & Groups" -- you can create new on-host users there.

0 Kudos
pearlyshells
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks very much. I was thinking I had to do it via SSH/PutTY. Thanks very much.

0 Kudos