VMware Cloud Community
sbranchfbfs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where are the VCB installation files?

I am using the evaluation version of VI35. I have ESX running and configured. I want to test the VCB component. I cannot find how to install it. There are no "setup.exe" files on the disk image I downloaded. I cannot download the vcb from vmware's website because I guess I've already downloaded the VI35 trial. But I thought that VCB was supposed to be included in VI3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

It's included with virtual center 2.5. Install 2.5 and chose custom, you will see an option to add VCB.

0 Kudos
sbranchfbfs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ah, which leads to another question: When I try to install VC from the ESX web interface, it takes me to the vmware website, which will not allow me to download it for some reason. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

I am not aware of the ability to install VCMS through the web interface on the host. You can download the client, but the install of VC is a seperate installer that needs to be downloaded.

http://www.vmware.com/download/vi/

0 Kudos
dmn0211
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Infrastructure 3

Get a free 60-day evaluation of VMware Infrastructure 3, the industry-leading infrastructure virtualization software. Virtualize servers, storage and networking, and reduce hardware and operating costs, streamline IT management and increase availability and reliability. Learn more about VMware Infrastructure.

YOUR TRIAL INCLUDES

VMware ESX 3.5 or VMware ESXi 3.5 (including VMware VMFS and VMware vSMP)

VMware VirtualCenter 2.5 (including VMware VMotion, VMware DRS, VMware HA and more)

VMware Consolidated Backup v 1.1

To test VCB you must download the exe below that was linked from your trail e-mail.

VMware Consolidated Backup

Version 1.1 | 64559 - 12/03/07 13 MB EXE image

Enables off-host backup of virtual machines, eliminating backup load from the VMware ESX 3.5, accelerating backups, and shortening backup windows. Install this along with a backup client (and potentially one of the integration module) on your Windows backup proxy server.

md5sum: d1f4dbb01bef480f8ecd005deff82106(¹)

You may also need

Consolidated Backup Integration Modules

These integration modules are provided by VMware to enable Consolidated Backup to work with specific backup software packages.

0 Kudos