VMware Cloud Community
Ken_Mc
Contributor
Contributor

Volume Storage Bus

I have Backup Exec 12 and I would like to install VCB, but I'm having issues. (I've never installed VCB before).

The Virtual Volume Storage Bus has not passed Windows...

See attached.

I'm running 3.5.0i, iSCSI San, Windows 2003 R2 Servers.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Here's a quick link you can see how VCB installed and configured to get the feel of it. I'm sure you need thorough planning to implement VCB. VCB requires a windows proxy server and enough disk space to mount the vmdk files to use vcbMounter tools and utilize your existing NetBackup client to run the jobs as specified. You should read VMware VCB guide which is very useful and informational. If you want to find out more about VCB www.vmware-land.com has bunch of links can be beneficial.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
Ken_Mc
Contributor
Contributor

That doesn't really help me. VCB will not install because it has not passed logo testing.

0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

That problem could be caused by a few things. See this:

You should be able to install after you review and fix whatever issue mentioned in the above article addresses.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
Ken_Mc
Contributor
Contributor

So, I'm installing a product driver that is not approved by Microsoft and I have to spend several hours of my day implementing a workaround?

0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

Theres a way to turn off the logotesting requirement.....

Also, are you installing VCB on an officially supported OS (supported for VCB by VMware)?

--Matt

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

If you read the article, you'll notice that this issue is not always caused by an unsigned driver. There are 9 different reasons that could cause this issue, including an unsigned driver. You'll also notice that the driver is not necesarilly approved/disapproved by Microsoft, as are a ton of other commerical products, but that it may be unsigned.

Choice is yours, but you will have to make some modifications if you want to run the software.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
Ken_Mc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the assistance.

If I purchase a product, I expect it to install. I should not be required to modify the product or the OS, I think this is ridiculous. I really don't care if VMWare or Microsoft is to blame, I just want to install it with no hassle. I will not use the product now, instead I'll use backup agents on the guest OS.

0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

Have you called VMware on the issue? What did they say? Not sure why you would give up so quickly on a product when there may be a clear solution.

--Matt

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos
anandkhera
Contributor
Contributor

i am facing this problem too if anyone have solve this problem please let me know will be very thankful

0 Kudos