VMware Cloud Community
g1xx3rb0y
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Licensing issue

Hi guys,

One of my clients are up for renewal on the vmware support, but something isn't right on the quote they received.

They are running 2x ESX hosts with 2x physical processors each and a Vcenter seperately.

They support renewal in my opinion should be renewed for 4x Processors on the ESX part and then the Vcenter portion 1x.

They quoted on the following:

They still say it's correct...but I just cannot see how they are getting to this....any ideas?

As you can see there is a total of 6x pCPU support licenses.....where they only run 4x pCPU as stated above?

Description

Qty

Gold Support/Subscription for VMware vSphere Enterprise for 1 processor for 1 year - Renewal

Gold Support/Subscription for VMware vSphere Enterprise for 1 processor for 1 year - Renewal

Gold Support/Subscription for vCenter Server 4 Standard - Renewal

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

Hi

Don't complain over getting extra licenses Smiley Wink

Was any of the updated licenses part of a Foundation license.?

If it is a matter of SnS renewal you can just leave out 2 licenses

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
g1xx3rb0y
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lars,

Its not about complaining over extra licenses.....its about the customer having to pay for the extra SnS licenses and they don't even have that amount of CPU's. As you can see its all support renewals....and it costs the customer!

Wasnt part of a foundation license.

So I was wondering...if Im wrong in querying this or what?

0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert

Hi

I see... I cant see why you got the extra license in the quote. But i would ask Vmware to leave out the 2 CPU's from the Support renewals.

We have done it like that a couple of times.

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
g1xx3rb0y
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Lars, we are just waiting for VMware to assist...but it does seem to be a problem. Will updated the forum when I have all the info.

0 Kudos