VMware Cloud Community
R_4
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Shows Unlicensed

Hi All,

I am stuck up in the middle for my client on production environment.

I have generated a 4 x 2CPU Licenses as host based license and the server is running as standalone.

When i provide the license, it shows as Installed, but when i Click on Edit to change from Unlicensed to ESX Standard, it provides me that VCB license will be disabled. Though, the page shows me as Unlicensed.

I have tried in my another test server and it works fine. My client is having a 2 CPU's.

I appreciate if someone can help me resolve this issue. Attaching snapshot

Any command or do i need to delete any file to get the new license file to work.

Regards,

Rahiz

Kind Regards, Rahiz
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to a more appropiate forum

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
bradley4681
Expert
Expert

I think you forgot the snapshot. Also when you run your license file through the key check, does it show the vcb license? you can access the tool by going here

Cheers,

Bradley Sessions

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Cheers! If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
R_4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I found the answer. The problem was there with the ESX server for Quad Core Processor. After successful patching ESX350-200802403-BG and ESX350-200802401-BG, the server showed as Licensed.

Regards,

Rahiz

Kind Regards, Rahiz
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Marked as answered, as the Original poster has sloved their own problem

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos