VMware Cloud Community
crodierde
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM HA

Quick question for the smart guys from a vm server noob.

I have 2 esx servers, one crashed so the ha works. When I try to power on the new vm it says "insufficient resources to satisfy configured failover level for HA." So if i disable vmware ha (uncheck the box) will I lose the servers that fell over to my server that is functional?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

You could try to change the admission control to "Allow vm's to be powered on even....." The HA admission control calculation can be very strict.

So we have changed it to that setting.

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
COdlk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I think your question is that if you uncheck that HA box will your VMs that moved over to the other host get shutdown. No they will not get shutdown. It sounds like you night not have enough resources to run all of your VMs on one host.

david

LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

You could try to change the admission control to "Allow vm's to be powered on even....." The HA admission control calculation can be very strict.

So we have changed it to that setting.

// Lars Liljeroth

-

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Here's a great article worth taking a look at on how HA Failover Capacity is calculated.

http://www.vmwarewolf.com/ha-failover-capacity/

crodierde
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you all for your help!!!!

0 Kudos