VMware Cloud Community
zmclean
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VIC 2.5 Console Error w/ Vista

I am unable to connect to any of the consoles on VIC 2.5 after the upgrade. 2.0 still continues to work fine but I receive this error when i click the console tab: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Not sure where to start but i searched and didnt see anything.

Thanks

Z-Bone
0 Kudos
25 Replies
wildblue
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Try this

copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\2.5 to C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher.

Worked!! Thanks!!

0 Kudos
steven_libby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This worked for me as well, also... Using XP w/ VIC 2.5 upgrade from 2.0. I would get an error message the first time I click on Console, then it would crash without error the second time. I did not remove all previous versions of .NET, simply copied these two files and deleted the Reg entries as stated before. Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
aerogerm
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also worked here for Windows XP SP2.

Excellent! Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
kernel007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That solution from John, worked for me as well. WinXP/SP3 with .NET 3.5. Good job!

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Well just to chime in here, I have had Vista since RC2, using VIC all the time, had errors early on (discontinued Vista, and reinstalled), multiple problems with Vista on other issues, but SP1 has stabilized things pretty well.

I have found with Vista you pretty much have to run a registry - fix it scan daily, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.. Products just aren't totally compatible with Vista. Doing the reg / fix has made things bearable.

Also setting the shortcut for VIC (change compatibility settings to: 'disable desktop composition') is perfect.

I don't see these errors with the console, but Vista 32-bit SP1 / VIC 2.5 build: 103672 as of today has ZERO issues. Just FYI.

0 Kudos
Gene_H
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try this

copy libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\2.5 to C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher.

Thank you John Vitale this worked for me too. Windows XP SP3.

Gene

0 Kudos