VMware Cloud Community
Jonas75
Contributor
Contributor

VI3 Web Access and Vista IE7

I have a problem running VI3.5 Update 1 Web Access with a Vista Client. Each Time I click on Console, IE crashes or closes the windows without notices. Does anyone have a workaround (or a clue Smiley Wink )? I don't have this problem with XP or with firefox (but I have to use IE7 on Vista...)

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Please attach client logs from desktop under c:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Local Settings\Application Data\VMware\vpx

0 Kudos
Jonas75
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is that it doesn't generate any log. I think IE7 crashes when launching VMWare's ActiveX

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Did you try SP1 for Vista?

Also you need a good registry fix program, your registry has become corrupt. I have noticed that Vista is much more sensitive to registry changes than XP, and sometimes when IE7 crashes, I do a registry fix, and everything is fine after a reboot.

So between SP1 for Vista and fixing your registry, you should be fine. I have been using the client on Vista including the beta Vista and it has been working as well as the web access.

0 Kudos
bristmi
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing the same issue. There is an update to web access included in Update 2, but I have yet to get my hands on Update 2 to know if this issue is addressed.

Post if you find a fix.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ACrispiels
Contributor
Contributor

The issue is still present with the update included in Update2.

0 Kudos
ber001
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Do you find a fix or a workaround for this issue ? Except use of Firefox 2 or IE6 ;o)

Thank you in advance

BeR

BeR
0 Kudos
ACrispiels
Contributor
Contributor

Nothing has changed.

Vista SP1 and IE7 up-to-dated, ESX VC 2.5 also up-to-dated.

Web access is working except the console tab of a VM. If I'm trying to click on the console tab, IE7 automatically reboots.

0 Kudos
alfa_user
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Same problem here : Vista 32bits IE7 up to date : Clicking Console tab crash IE

tested with run as administrator : same problem

Tested on WinXP up to date with IE7 : no problem

Tested on WinXP up to date with IE6 : no problem

😕

Message was edited by: alfa_user

locating logs in : C:\Users\<userprofilename>\AppData\Local\VMware\vpx : files belong to the use of VI Client and no update of them is made when IE crash : seems that no log could help at this place.

0 Kudos
COOKVMUser
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue

VI3.5 Update 3 with latest patches (08JAN2009)

IE7+Vista(32bit) = IE7 Crash at https:<servername>/ui/

IE7+WinXPSP3(32bit) = Functions properly

Any update on a bug fix from VMware?

0 Kudos
wgk
Contributor
Contributor

I am the same problem. Environment is vmware server 2, Vista 64 bit sp1, IE7. IE 7 crashes when opening a VM console. Fortunately the VM console launches OK.

It's annoying...

0 Kudos
ber001
Contributor
Contributor

Bonjour,

Etant absent jusqu'au 5 mars inclus, je ne pourrai répondre à mes emails avant cette date.

Bien à vous

Bertrand Dewamme

BeR
0 Kudos
spooner2k
Contributor
Contributor

I also have this problem. With Vista SP1 and IE8.

It crashes when you're opening the remote console.

We're running ESX3.5u2 and VC2.5u4

0 Kudos