VMware Cloud Community
avarcher
Commander
Commander

VI Client in Terminal Services - slow load

Hi

I run the newer VI Client, the version for VI3 v3.5, on a Terminal Server (W2k3) and I'm experiencing very slow loads in RDP sessions, it can sit for 1-2 minutes with 'loading main form' in the bottom left corner. The original client worked a treat.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

How did you install the VIC on the TS server, did you remember to Change user /install.

also have you tried mstsc /c this will give you a console TS session rather than a traditional one. also what is the performance of hte VIC on the TS server physical desktop

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
avarcher
Commander
Commander

Hi Tom

I did ask the installer before I posted - did you use install mode, in a console session, and with no multiwin sessions? And I was assured yes. I had tried a console session, without any difference. I have been troubleshooting it also as a .net 2 problem without luck so I'm still no further forward.

Thanks anyway, Andy.

0 Kudos
IVOXY
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm having this same issue. It is unusable from a production enterprise standpoint. I sure hope we can solve this soon... Thx

0 Kudos
IVOXY
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just noticed that it said answered? is that true??? if so, please post... Thx,

0 Kudos
William_Dorrepa
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same issue over here, it's very annoying.

I even reinstalled the entire VC / management server to resolve this issue without luck.

Hope to get this resolved soon.

William

0 Kudos
nirvy
Commander
Commander

Hi,

Having the same problem, I have noticed the VI Client log spews out an error about TransportInterfaces.25.dll that ties in with the ~2 min delay... (see attachment for full log)

2008-10-31 19:48:21.458 Start Invoke 30 - PropertyCollector:propertyCollector.WaitForUpdates ...

2008-10-31 19:50:04.409 Error loading assembly 'TransportInterfaces.25, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

System.IO.FileLoadException: API restriction: The assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\Virtual Infrastructure Client\2.5\TransportInterfaces.25.dll' has already loaded from a different location. It cannot be loaded from a new location within the same appdomain.

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.ReflectionOnlyLoadFrom(String assemblyFile)

at VpxClient.Utils.AssemblyResolver.Domain_ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs args)

0 Kudos
nirvy
Commander
Commander

I believe the cause of this is if you install plug-ins when not in application install mode. At least, this is what caused the delay for me. After uninstalling the VI-Client and plug-ins (also deleted the folder in program files that is left over) and re-installing in app install mode, the problem went away.

0 Kudos