VMware Cloud Community
p-rro
Contributor
Contributor

VI Client don't install

Hi,

Am trying to install VI client on my laptop, every think looks find a VI Client windows open and something is uncompress or created after that the install windows close and the a windows installer popups with some options to use, but no CI client is installed

I try to install the VI client on a windows xp virtual machine and every thing runs fine

Any help with this? and running Windows XP Professional on my laptop, also try updating the windows installer

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Are you using the same installation file for your laptop and virtual XP machine? You can try to download the VI client again to make sure its the full file and check to see if you have any weird applications running to prevent it from installing. Can you install any small .exe package to see if your laptop is allowing? Check your event viewers to see anything suspicious.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
p-rro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stefan,

Yes, I try the same package, I copy the VI client exe file I use on my laptop to the virtual machine.

I also thought maybe the .exe file is corrupted so I downloaded a couple of time, more over I download the file from the VM and move it to the laptop.

I disable antivirus, install other applications.

Regards,

Omar

0 Kudos
Iber0
Contributor
Contributor

I have some problem, i not cant install vi clients in my desktop. Run the install and show a windows of "windows installer" with install options comand. I try to install with the options and nothing. I suspect what are a fixed pack of microsoft.

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which version of client you want install ?

if you tried install a client of vsphere, try install a Vi client of 3.5 and after install vsphere client without uninstall a vi client of 3.5.

**If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for

"Correct" or "Helpful"**

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos