VMware Cloud Community
Mouchel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCB with vRanger

I've set up VCB within our VMware environment, using ESXRanger as the GUI interface to setup and run jobs. I tested each server individually and they ran ok. When trying to set up a scheduled job to run during the day, I've run into a major problems. Only 2 jobs (26 servers configured to backup) kicked off and one of them hung, unfortunately, this was a file server which wasn't accessible until I cancelled the job. The job logs didn't rebeal anything. Any ideas out there why VCB would do this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abaum
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

First off, check the VCB options tab in vRanger. It's probably set to allow no more than 2 backups at a time. You can change it, but keep in mind that it may impact performance. The default setting of 2 is based on VMware's recommendation (I think). Might be listed in the VCB documentation. As for hanging, a couple of people have posted similar problems on the Vizioncore website. The consensus seems to be that no one has done enough testing to determine if the problem is VCB or vRanger. The problem started being reported after the last VCB update. Vizioncore is working on it though.

adam