VMware Cloud Community
ChrisLopes
Contributor
Contributor

VCB with backup intergration module

Hi,

Why does one need to install backup integration module e.g symantec in order to you vcb?

Also, does one actually need to configure so called "config.js"? When do we edit the "config.js" for usage since we have specify the password for the VCB?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership

You don't actually need the Symantec integration module. You can use the standard module that comes with VCB, I actually like it more than the Symantec module. I usually use a script for VCB that i Blogged about: http://www.yellow-bricks.com/2008/01/30/vcb-backup-all-running-vms/

the script dumps every running VM.

Duncan

My virtualisation blog:

ChrisLopes
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Duncan,

What do you mean that the script dump every vm? I'm assuming it the production VM right? Also, Am I right to say that I should create a file.bat fot the script below. What I see is that I need to change the VC, administrator and password.

for /f “tokens=2 delims=:” %%i in (’vcbvmname -h virtualcenter.rtfm-ed.co.uk -u administrator -p password -s Powerstate:on ^| find “name:”‘) do @rd /s /q “D:\Backups\All\%%i” &vcbmounter -h virtualcenter.rtfm-ed.co.uk -u administrator -p password -a name:”%%i” -r “D:\Backups\All\%%i” -t fullvm > “D:\Backups\All\%%i.log

My VCB Server have 30 GB of free space on D:\ Drive left. Will I be able to mount the VM that is power on that has about 400 GB on the SAN which is equivalent to 6 VM that is power on?

In the above command, will the system perform a DISMOUNT have it was backup?

0 Kudos