VMware Cloud Community
boovee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

V3.5 Upgrade 2 ISO Image won`t boot

Hi. I downloaded the 3.5 update 2 ISO and have burnt to disc (tried both CD and DVD) but the host will just not boot from the disk. I`ve tried booting from same disk(s) on standard desktop and other servers with BIOS selected to boot from Cd/DVD but will not boot.

The files on the disk show in explorer as:(see attachment). I`m in the process of downloading the iSO again just to make sure it`s not a duff download. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced a similar issue?? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Don't worry nobodies time has been wasted, for future reference, when you have download an iso for the website do a MD5 check agianst it. this will verify that the down load is correct.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

It'll burn onto a CD, that should be all you need. I would do like you're doing re-download the ISO and reburn it. What program are you using to burn the .ISO file?

• Kyle

-- Kyle "RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "
boovee
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, I downloaded the image again and it works fine.Sorry for wasting peoples viewing time!

0 Kudos
khughes
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

No worries, it happens more than you think, either a bad download or a bad burn. Glad to hear its up and working, you shoudl go ahead and mark this thread as answered.

• Kyle

-- Kyle "RParker wrote: I guess I was wrong, everything CAN be virtualized "
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Don't worry nobodies time has been wasted, for future reference, when you have download an iso for the website do a MD5 check agianst it. this will verify that the down load is correct.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos