VMware Cloud Community
bjoyce
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading the license server

Hi,

I have some reservations about upgrading the license server.

the system I have is 2 ESX server version 3.0.1. I run the virtual center software off a VM on one of these ESX servers.

Recently I upgraded from ESX 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 because after a reset the license server was no longer seen. When upgrading the virtual center software from ver 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 one of the ESX servers was disconnected from the virtual infrastucture client. The virtual center agent would not upgrade on one of the ESX machines. This was fixed by support call, they created a directory /tmp/vmware-root then the the agent would install when a reconnection was done in virtual infrastructure client.

So I am wary of upgrading the license server. Has anyone had any issues? I dont want my site to go down and need some assurance that there are no problems with upgrading the license server.

Thanks Brad

0 Kudos
3 Replies
psharpley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Brad,

If you are running VC 2.0.1 did you not already upgrade the license server Smiley Wink

If you already have a license server running, I'm confused about what you are trying to do.

0 Kudos
bjoyce
Contributor
Contributor

I have upgraded the Virtual Center, vertual center infrastructre client but not the licence server.

Just a bit aprehensive due to problems encoutered doing the first 2.

Brad

0 Kudos
wobbly1
Expert
Expert

no issues here. 2.0.1 patch2 just needed a little tweaking (i.e. disable ha/drs clusters before upgrade & in some cases a restart of hostd) but nothing stressful

0 Kudos