VMware Cloud Community
c7320
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Upgraded Virtual Center to 2.5 from 2.0 and lost everything!!

I had to build a new DataCenter, Cluster, add my hosts back in again, then recreate my Resource Groups. This was not a friendly upgrade. Did this happen to anyone else. Did I miss a step along the way? Now I am screwed i cant figure out how to suck my templates back in. I would really like to know if this was a mess up on my part or this is the upgrade process from 2.02 to 2.5. It keep all my other info like Networking, Storage etc. I just lost my templates which took several hours to build. I can see them in the datastore but have no idea how to make VC 2.5 aware of them..

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Michael Mouncey

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dominic7
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can browse the datastore, and right click on the template and select 'register'.

There were a number of people who 'lost' their data upgrading versions of VirtualCenter, it depends on exactly what you did but the data may be recoverable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dominic7
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can browse the datastore, and right click on the template and select 'register'.

There were a number of people who 'lost' their data upgrading versions of VirtualCenter, it depends on exactly what you did but the data may be recoverable.

0 Kudos
c7320
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks now i feel stupid. Is that a new feature or was that there before lol..

Thanks alot got em all back

Mike

0 Kudos
Phil_White
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My database was wiped out too. My last VC update, I managed to not wipe out the database. For the 2.5 update I have no idea what I did to wipe out my database but I did somehow. I don't know why the programmers can't figure out how to say "HEY! This option will wipe our your DB! This one won't!!"

0 Kudos