VMware Cloud Community
ibjames31
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to deploy guests using a template + deploy template wizard

We have a windows 2003 STD template. We deploy from it all of the time. I have created a customization, containing the admin, company, key, etc. So I select the template->deploy from template->customize using an existing customization specification-> I always have to put in the domain and user info though for it to correctly add it to the domain. Is there a way to make this stick? I want to be able to click my template, click the customization and go.

Also, anyone use the run once commands? I would like to use the run once to assign the address from dynamic to static. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

Yes.. I know that the dynamic to static is weird, this a very large company and unix used for dhcp/dns, so it's the way it is done. I would really appreciate help on this!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ibjames31
Contributor
Contributor

If you are looking at the IP assignment, I would need to use the IP address the box got from the DHCP server, just convert it to a static address. :smileylaugh: I've found serveral ways to do it if I know the address, but I don't know the address until after DHCP gives it, I might as well assign it manually then.

0 Kudos