VMware Cloud Community
att_118
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble with vcbmounter

Hello,

Trying to setup VCB to test backup a couple of VMs, namely a linux and a windows vm. The ESX version used is 3.0.2 SP1 with VCB 1.1

Have hit a few issues and managed to work past them but now have hit a wall where vcbmounter would fail regardless of using -t file or -t fullvm, but options return different error when executed.

For the -t file command:C:\PROGRA1\VMware\VMWARE1>vcbmounter -h <VC ip> -u vcbservice -p <password> -a ipaddr:10.1.1.3 -r D

:\VCB_mnt -t "file" -m "san"

Current working directory: C:\PROGRA1\VMware\VMWARE1

HOSTINFO: Seeing Intel CPU, numCoresPerCPU 4 numThreadsPerCore 1.

HOSTINFO: This machine has 2 physical CPUS, 8 total cores, and 8 logical

CPUs.

Error: Error while opening disk blklst://snapshot-3031[ESXFarm001-lun0

08] New Virtual Machine/New Virtual Machine.vmdk@citsbnevc01.citec.qld.gov.au?xxxx/xxxx: A virtual disk could not be ope

ned. -- Cannot open disk file: Error : Disk library failed (Unspecified error). Unable to open 'blklst://snapshot-3031[E

SXFarm001-lun008] New Virtual Machine/New Virtual Machine.vmdk@citsbnevc01.citec.qld.gov.au'. Failed to configure disk s

csi0:0.

An error occurred, cleaning up...

Deleted directory D:\VCB_mnt

For the -t fullvm command:

C:\PROGRA1\VMware\VMWARE1>vcbmounter -h <VC ip> -u vcbservice -p <password> -a ipaddr:10.1.1.1 -r D

:\VCB_mnt -t fullvm -m san

Current working directory: C:\PROGRA1\VMware\VMWARE1

HOSTINFO: Seeing Intel CPU, numCoresPerCPU 4 numThreadsPerCore 1.

HOSTINFO: This machine has 2 physical CPUS, 8 total cores, and 8 logical

CPUs.

<took out the SSL error stuff>

Error: No permission to perform this action.

An error occurred, cleaning up...

Deleted directory D:\VCB_mnt

In both instances I can see on the VC that the snapshot has been created but that is as far as it goes.. I have had the person which creates me the vcbservice account checked and confirmed that it has Allow Virtual Machine Download, Create Snapshot, Remove Snapshot and Disk Lease priveledges. The commands are ran on the proxy server as a user which is a member of the Administrator group. Is there something I am missing here? Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
VicElec
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, just wondering, did you manage to resolve this issue?

Having the same issue and not absolutely certain on the fix .

0 Kudos
att_118
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Yes have managed to resolve this issue, it was the level where the vcb user access was configured. That was all I was communicated wtih tho. Smiley Happy The access permission for the VCB user has to be on datacenter and cluster level.

0 Kudos