VMware Cloud Community
trussell
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Templates not showing up after upgrade

I had a small cluster (2 hosts and 20 guests) that we upgraded from 3.02 to 3.5 (before update 1). We also updated VC to 2.5 from 2.02.

In a nutshell, we ended up reinstalling the ESX servers rather than upgrade them in place. I noticed that my template files are still on the shared disk (SAN), but no longer show up in Virtual Center as options to clone from (and yes, I have view templates selected). Did something change from 3.02 to 3.5 or can I somehow make these visible again?

Also, I noticed that my local VMFS disks are VMFS 3.31 and the shared disk from the SAN is VMFS 3.21 (we unplugged the fiber before we reinstalled each host). If I have to add another VDISK in the near future, will I have issues VMotioning between 3.21 and 3.31? I would guess not but wanted to ask the question.

I don't have a lab environment.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andy66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Trussell,

Have you tried to re-registering your template? ( by browsing the datastore to the location of the template and right clicking on the config file and registering it)

cheers,

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Andy66
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Trussell,

Have you tried to re-registering your template? ( by browsing the datastore to the location of the template and right clicking on the config file and registering it)

cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
trussell
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Andy,

Yes, that did the trick. Perfect.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos