VMware Cloud Community
ElGarufo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Templates Disappear after upgrade from 3.0 to 3.5

Hi People,

An upgrade from Virtual Infraestructure 3, to 3.5....only one virtual center, and one esx. No problem with resource pools, and virtual machines...but, the templates had dissapear. I had it in the phisical storage, i can browse it, but it doesnt appear in the virtual center console.

I saw that to make an upgrade of templates, you can go to Administration> Upgrade Templates, but in my case, this doesnt exist.....

any idea???...thanks...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Isael
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We run into the same problem and this is exactly what we did (ie: Browse the datastore and add the template to the inventory) and everything is back to normal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Cameron2007
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I still haven't upgraded to 3.5 (still got that to look forward to so this may be no good) but is it not possible to readd the templates as in 3.01 by browsing the data stores and right click on the .vmtx file and add to inventory. I would be interested to know?

Isael
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We run into the same problem and this is exactly what we did (ie: Browse the datastore and add the template to the inventory) and everything is back to normal.

0 Kudos
ElGarufo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well, in my case, when I browse the datastore, the option to add to invwentory its not posible to be selected, its on grey....any ideas?

0 Kudos
Isael
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That's weird! Can you rename the .vmtx to .vmx and import the VM in the inventory?

ElGarufo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well, its ok now, just a mistake from me....its like Isael says, no problem Smiley Happy

thank you :smileyblush:

0 Kudos