VMware Cloud Community
davene
Contributor
Contributor

Service Console help

I have a major issue right now. I cannot open up my service console on VI3. I have 2 nic's. One had been set with a vswitch and the service console. The other was with a different vswitch and the vm's. I added a second service console to the vswitch with the vm's. I tested the connection to the new service console and was able to connect. I then removed the original service console so that I could move that nic to the other vswitch with the vm's. The reason for this is I have been having an intermittent issue with the vm's nic and I wanted to create a failover. When I removed the original service connection, the new service connection I was using stopped working. Now I cannot connect to either service console. How do I fix this? Any thoughts are appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

You will need to login directly from the ESX hardware console - this will allow you run the esxcfg-vswitch command to reconnect the the vmnic - check out for command help -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
davene
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help. I had stumbled across that information a few minutes ago and was able to get reconnected.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

glad to help -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos