VMware Cloud Community
Damon99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

QLA4020 driver loading failed

Hi,

i can't install ESX 3.0.1 on my X3850 server.

When installer try to load QLA4020 driver (iscsi hardware initiator), my server reboot and the installation fails.

I look on HCL IO guide and 4020 driver missed. There is 4010 for ESX 3.0.0 but nothing for ESX 3.0.1. Smiley Sad

Is there a patch or update to resolve my issue.

Thank's for u're help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
doubleH
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This is taken from the HCL and I also mentioned it above....QLogic iSCSI adapters require minimum BIOS v1.09 and minimum firmware v2.00.00.38.

don't forget to award points if you find the posts helpful.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
doubleH
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

what is the actual HBA you are using? is it really a 4020? i'm using QLA 4052C's, but it still uses the QLA 4022 driver so it may be misleading you.

also check to see if the fw is up to date on the HBA and BIOS.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpfull/Correct buttons to award points
0 Kudos
Damon99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

i use IBM iSCSI Server Adapter, it seems to be up to date.

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

that doesn't tell me (or you) for sure what QLA card you have. find out for sure what QLA model you have. then if it is still not on the HCL then i would scrap the cards and get something that is on the HCL.

0 Kudos
Damon99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

In fact there's no QLA name. IBM reference for this hardware iscsi initiator is "IBM ISCSI server adapter".

Do you know what i mean?

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

what if you look on the card. does it show anything relating to QLogic? what is the IBM part number on the HBA?

0 Kudos
Damon99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ok;

it's a QLA4050C card.

part number 30R5201

0 Kudos
Damon99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

and QLA 4050C is on hcl...

i really dont understand

0 Kudos
doubleH
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This is taken from the HCL and I also mentioned it above....QLogic iSCSI adapters require minimum BIOS v1.09 and minimum firmware v2.00.00.38.

don't forget to award points if you find the posts helpful.

0 Kudos