VMware Cloud Community
schatzo
Contributor
Contributor

One license server and multiple VC 2 servers

Has anyone tried to centralize a license server while having mulitple VC servers managing their own set of Hosts? I can not seem to get my license server to see two VC licenses in my .lic file. I still only show one available instead of two. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
acr
Champion
Champion

In its current format it will only see One License File..

Two achieve what your after not only would you have multiple VC looking after there own ESX Servers, but youll need a License Server for each VC as well...!

0 Kudos
schatzo
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that each license server will only see one .lic file but I was hoping I can put multiple VC licenses in that one file so I can have one central license server.

0 Kudos
acr
Champion
Champion

Ah, i see what you mean, not to sure, that would be a Flex thingy..

0 Kudos
acr
Champion
Champion

The more i think about this one the more i feel it should work..

Youd have multiple Independant VC's manging there own ESX Servers..

All these VC would point to a FlexLM Server holding multiple Licese Files, but each file relates to a separate VC and ESX Servers..

Well Flexnet is a license Server, why should it care how many license files it has..

The VC's will only be able to point to One .lic .. A different one in each case..

Why not..!!

0 Kudos
acr
Champion
Champion

If your current Flex Server is the one which comes with VC (i.e. during the VC Install) then that one will only see one .lic file..

But im thinking maybe the full blown (if there is such a thing) FlexLM might offer such a feature..

0 Kudos
schatzo
Contributor
Contributor

VMware came up with a great online tool to create your own license files in any combo needed.

0 Kudos