VMware Cloud Community
thomaskn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not able to build a new resource pool

Hello vmtn users,

we have installed VC 2.0.2 completely new, because of change of language and updated 4 ESX Servers to 3.0.2.

Now, we try to make a new one resource pool, but anyway, no possibility.

Not at Datacenters, not at clusters not at an esx server...

any ideas?

Thans a Lot in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rob_Bohmann1
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Do you have a cluster created? Are you trying to create the resource pool for the cluster or just one host? I think you want to create the resource pool at the cluster level if you have a cluster created and more than one host in the cluster. I also am assuming you are connecting to VC and not connecting with the client directly to one host.

Do you have DRS enabled for a cluster with multiple hosts?

Check out this guide p.45 + 46 to start.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vi3_301_201_resource_mgmt.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Rob_Bohmann1
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

are you getting an error, is the option greyed out in the menu, or do you not see the option? Need a little more info please. Have you verified you have Admin permissions when you are logged into VC?

0 Kudos
thomaskn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Rob,

sorry for the lazy posting.

None error - You are right, the Button is greyed out. Topically there exists only one admin account and this one we used to login.

Did I had anything overlook about greyed out Resource Pool buttons?

best regards

Tom

0 Kudos
Rob_Bohmann1
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Do you have a cluster created? Are you trying to create the resource pool for the cluster or just one host? I think you want to create the resource pool at the cluster level if you have a cluster created and more than one host in the cluster. I also am assuming you are connecting to VC and not connecting with the client directly to one host.

Do you have DRS enabled for a cluster with multiple hosts?

Check out this guide p.45 + 46 to start.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vi3_301_201_resource_mgmt.pdf

0 Kudos
thomaskn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Rob,

Thanks a Lot - You are very right...

I am connecting to VC and tried to open a resourcepool first at the cluster level and second at an ESX Server Level. Aaaand DRS wasn´t enabled and also, I don´t knew that I need to do this.

Know everything functioning correctly.

best regards

Tom

0 Kudos