VMware Cloud Community
kouliscon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Networking

Hello

In a DELL machine i have ESX infrastructure 3 and i am running 2 virtual machines. One wilt Windows 2008 and one with windows 2003 std.

In the 2003 std my network card is shared with the 2008 machine but is only at 10Mbs and i would like to make it at 100 minimum.

Any ideas?

also my USB is not recognized to any virtual machine. SHould i do any upgrade to my ESX Infrastructure?

thx in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You have to be looking at the Console after you select install VMware tools -- because there are some questions you need to answer -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AWo
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the forums!

In a DELL machine i have ESX infrastructure 3 and i am running 2 virtual machines. One wilt Windows 2008 and one with windows 2003

std.

In the 2003 std my network card is shared with the 2008 machine but is only at 10Mbs and i would like to make it at 100 minimum.

Have you installed the VMware Tools inside of each guest? These gives you the appropriate drivers.

AWo

VCP 3 & 4

\[:o]===\[o:]

=Would you like to have this posting as a ringtone on your cell phone?=

=Send "Posting" to 911 for only $999999,99!=

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Forums - as AWo said install vmware tools into both VMs - this will install the vmwate driver for the virtualized network card -

0 Kudos
kouliscon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello

From were do i download the vmtools?

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Read: http://pubs.vmware.com/vi35/admin/BSA_Creating_VMs.14.8.html

AWo

VCP 3 & 4

\[:o]===\[o:]

=Would you like to have this posting as a ringtone on your cell phone?=

=Send "Posting" to 911 for only $999999,99!=

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
kouliscon
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hello

since yesterday i pressed to install the VMware Tools but doesnt do anything...

is there a way to check the progress?

my client is powered on...

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You have to be looking at the Console after you select install VMware tools -- because there are some questions you need to answer -

0 Kudos