VMware Cloud Community
pfuhli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Lifecycle Manager prerequisites

Hi,

is it possible to run Lifecycle Manager on ESX 3.0.2 and VC 2.0.2 or is it mandatory to have ESX 3.5 and VC 2.5?

Regards,

daniel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chrisy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The 'Installation and Configuration guide' page 11 (Chapter 2, 'System Requirements') specifies the need for:

VC 2.0.x or 2.5.x

ESX 3.0x or 3.5x

DRS cluster, or a single host

Production use requires one of the usual commercial databases but the demo appliance comes preconfigured with Postgres v.8.2 (I think that was the version)

The docs are also wrong in terms of the port number to connect - page 19 says the HTTP port is 3499 but it is in fact 3944. Also, the setup script that changes the admin password doesn't work properly, so even after changing I was asked to log in with the default admin password to the GUI.

--

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rossb2b
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The evaluation states: "VMware ESX 3.5 and VMware VirtualCenter software must be running in order to evaluate Lifecycle Manager."

0 Kudos
chrisy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The 'Installation and Configuration guide' page 11 (Chapter 2, 'System Requirements') specifies the need for:

VC 2.0.x or 2.5.x

ESX 3.0x or 3.5x

DRS cluster, or a single host

Production use requires one of the usual commercial databases but the demo appliance comes preconfigured with Postgres v.8.2 (I think that was the version)

The docs are also wrong in terms of the port number to connect - page 19 says the HTTP port is 3499 but it is in fact 3944. Also, the setup script that changes the admin password doesn't work properly, so even after changing I was asked to log in with the default admin password to the GUI.

--

Chris

0 Kudos