VMware Cloud Community
alext5
Contributor
Contributor

Licensing Problem with Virtual Center

Hi, I've recently received my 2 new X3650 to Install ESX server on with all the goodies (HA, VMotion, VCB, DRS). To manage it I have no choice but to install Virtual Center Server on a Windows Server. I did so and everything installed fine. However, when I try to add a Host, it says "There are not enough licences to perform this operation". It's strange because when I go in the Administration > Licences tab, I've got 4 Licenses for each options(see attached file), and I only have 2 dual socket servers.

I also has the message : "A required License Virtual Manager Server is not reserved"

Have I done something wrong in my configuration ? I tried to re-enter my license file and nothing change. I also made sure Centralized licenses were chosen.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VMwareSME
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see you have a virtual center agent license. But do you have a virtual center management license?

Looks like attached?

alext5
Contributor
Contributor

I forgot to include VC license, so I combined the 2 licenses but I still get the same message.

Here is a screenshot of my updated licenses.

0 Kudos
alext5
Contributor
Contributor

After combining the license file, I forgot to replace the type of server to Virtual Center Management instead of Foundation.

Everything is fine now, thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
VMwareSME
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sounds good. Feel free to give points. Smiley Happy That will move me to the next group.