Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Insufficient resources of satisfy configured failover level for HA

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have ESX 3.0.2 two clusters .

ABC1

14 machines in ABC1 cluster

ABC2 = ERROR HA AGENT ON AC2 IN CLUSTER ABC IN ABC HAS AN ERROR

4 machines in ABC2 cluster (interesting thing is i have shifted 7 machiens to ABC2 cluster and after lunch break it shifted 3 machines to ABC1 i think)

Three resources (high, low, normal) and 2 machines in high 12 machines at Low and 2 machines at Normal.

HIGH

2 machines

LOW

12 machines

Normal

2 machines

now when ever i tried to start or add new machines it gives me error Insufficient resources of satisfy configured failover level for HA ..

Kindly Help me in this regard,

Thanks

Malik Adeel Imtiaz

SSE

Netsol Technologies

+923014477817

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

If you want to make sure you do not run into these type of problems. Change the the HA admission control to "Allow vm's to be powered on if they violate availibility contrains".

I have seen that this check i to restrictive and therefore give more problems thatn help.

Also remove any memory reservations. These are the most common reasons.

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

HOw much memory do you have assigned to each ESX Server? How much memory have you assigned to the Virtual Machines and are any reservations set? HA attemtps to calculate the amount of resources that will be required to restart the VMs on the remaining node

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dear Weinstein5,

HOw much memory do you have assigned to each ESX Server? = 32 GB Each

How much memory have you assigned to the Virtual Machines and are any reservations set? = 2 GB each RESERVATION SET OR NOT DONT KNOW 😛

Any ways problem has been resolved AUTOMATICALLY believe me i do nothing and i run LAST TIME Reconfigure for VMWare HA. :D:D and it works...i really dont knwo how...it shifted 4 machine to ABC1 and then all is well...:)...any ways will you tell us why this happends.

Thanks

Adeel Imtiaz

Netsol LHR Pak

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

If you want to make sure you do not run into these type of problems. Change the the HA admission control to "Allow vm's to be powered on if they violate availibility contrains".

I have seen that this check i to restrictive and therefore give more problems thatn help.

Also remove any memory reservations. These are the most common reasons.

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

// Lars Liljeroth -------------- *If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dear Lijeroth,

Thanks you so much for your reply let me do this tell me is it safe to do this no server restart no right or lefts things i hope :D......

Thanks

Adeel

0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi

It's not clear for me what you mean. Please rephrase

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-

0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i just want to confirm from you that what you suggust is safe.

0 Kudos
LarsLiljeroth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes it is "safe".

The only thing is that your HA will not prevent you from power on server even if it means that

there are not enough ressources in the cluster to loose the configured amount of hosts.

Best regards

Lars Liljeroth

-