VMware Cloud Community
ChrisLopes
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installing of ESX using IBM RDM

Dear Vmware guru,

I owuld like to instal 4 esx server on a blade using IBM RDM Installing the latest version. Is the latest version of IBM Director support for esx 3.5?

Also, where can I find the document for the above deploying esx 3.5

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Schorschi
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

IBM has yet to publish any ESX 3.5 specification or support for IBM Director Agent. We are awaiting word on this from them. We already know that some of the drivers that support IBM Director Agent 5.20.2 do not work on ESX 3.0.2 Update1, IBM has provided us initial test code for LM78 driver for example. So given that ESX 3.0.2 Update1 had a few bumps, and that is being worked on by IBM, it stands to reason that ESX 3.5 support may be a bit longer to be available.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Schorschi
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

IBM has yet to publish any ESX 3.5 specification or support for IBM Director Agent. We are awaiting word on this from them. We already know that some of the drivers that support IBM Director Agent 5.20.2 do not work on ESX 3.0.2 Update1, IBM has provided us initial test code for LM78 driver for example. So given that ESX 3.0.2 Update1 had a few bumps, and that is being worked on by IBM, it stands to reason that ESX 3.5 support may be a bit longer to be available.

0 Kudos
pupo999
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Has anyone heard of ESX 3.5 version of IBM Director agents yet? I've been searching through IBM's support site but have not found anything so far.

0 Kudos