VMware Cloud Community
BigSam1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Installing WinXP Pro problem

I created a new Virtual Machine, using the wizard & accepting all of the default values. (I've already created & installed W2k3 server in one virtual machine.) I indicated I wanted to install WindowsXP Pro 32-bit. Then I modified the Boot option to wait 3,000 milliseconds, which gives me time to connect the CD drive on my client PC. I'm able to boot from the CD, but when I attempt to install the OS I get a message stating: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your PC.... Looks to me like I have 8.0 GB. I'm new at this, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Forums - You need to apply the approriate virtual SCSI driver - Try the SCSI driver from here -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Forums - You need to apply the approriate virtual SCSI driver - Try the SCSI driver from here -

0 Kudos
BigSam1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've downloaded the file. How do I install it?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

during the xp installation you will be offered an option to hit F6 I believe to add a driver -

azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

There are two SCSI drivers for it and select the one you created and mount the .iso and boot up the VM and than press F6 and go through the same process as you did with physical windows installation for additional drivers prompt. Here's a very good details how to implement it and download the right files.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
BigSam1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. I got it installed.

0 Kudos