cactusgroup
Contributor
Contributor

Installing VMware ESX3.0 in Workstation

Jump to solution

hello everybody .

im very new in VMware , and im trying to install VMware ESX server V3.0 in a VMwareworkstation .

but the problem is I get the following message at the first step :

the isntaller was unable to find any supported network device

press 'OK' to reboot your system

can anybody please help me out here ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rajeshcloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

First thing Physical nic card should support1gbps speed.

Hi, Before doing instalation ESX3.0 /3.5 in workstation 6. You need to add two more lines in .vmx file. Create new VIrtual machine with Redhat Linux 5 64bit for esx3.0. Bydefault VM store in your desktop in Documents/virtualmachine.

Edit .vmx file with notepad add these two lines.

monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = TRUE
monitor_control.vt32 = TRUE

Check another two lines are available or not in .vmx file

ethernet0.present = TRUE
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

Regards,Rajesh, if you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

How did you configure the virtual machine's hardware? Try using the "E1000" network adapters.

André

cactusgroup
Contributor
Contributor

My network adapter's model is :

Marvell Yukon 88E8059 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

i couldnt find anything about if it supports ESX virtualization or not Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
rajeshcloud
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

First thing Physical nic card should support1gbps speed.

Hi, Before doing instalation ESX3.0 /3.5 in workstation 6. You need to add two more lines in .vmx file. Create new VIrtual machine with Redhat Linux 5 64bit for esx3.0. Bydefault VM store in your desktop in Documents/virtualmachine.

Edit .vmx file with notepad add these two lines.

monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = TRUE
monitor_control.vt32 = TRUE

Check another two lines are available or not in .vmx file

ethernet0.present = TRUE
ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

Regards,Rajesh, if you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
cactusgroup
Contributor
Contributor

o my gooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddd ....

thank you .

i cant believe it worked Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Why are you installing ESX 3.x - that product is two revisions old - the current release if ESXi 5.0 which also can be installed in a workstation VM -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
cactusgroup
Contributor
Contributor

the problem is I cant find the newer version , even the terial version . because VMware does not support my country .

even for connecting to Communities I must use VPNs.

I have given 192.168.1.1 to the ESX server and I've called it "esx.test.local" but I have no access to it .

There i no answer to any PING .

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

There might be an issue with you VPNinterfering with you connecting to local resources -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos