VMware Cloud Community
kingcastle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ISO Image Download

hi all,

here have you ever had any problems with iso image from the download site? i logged on to the vmware site today and downloaded the esx 3.5 iso image, used roxio to copy the iso file onto cd but when i put it into the server and turn the server on it does not boot from the cd, i tried it in a couple of different servers also and downloaded it a couple of times but no good, just wondering if ou came across it before.

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I always use Nero.... so not sure what the problem is with Roxio.

On this thread some people are experiencing similar issues......... try using the free program mentioned "Deep-Burner"

See how you get on with that....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Can you browse the CD media from a standard PC/Server? What happens if you burn the ISO to CD from another laptop/PC assuming you have it available?

To answer your question - I haven't experienced the problem you have with any of their 3.5 iso downloads.

0 Kudos
kingcastle
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

hi thanks for your response, yip ive tried from different pc's and server's and it seems that the download completes ok and when i copy the downloaded .iso file to a cd and then out that cd into a server and set the server to boot from cd it does not work, is there anything else i need to do other than just download the iso and copy to cd? do i have to make it bootable or anything?

ta

0 Kudos
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

I always use Nero.... so not sure what the problem is with Roxio.

On this thread some people are experiencing similar issues......... try using the free program mentioned "Deep-Burner"

See how you get on with that....

0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

There are several ways you can deploy ESX 3.5 with Kickstart PXE, UDA, HTTP, FTP servers etc...If you want to install via CD ISO image, make sure to download latest from website and check md5sum to validate its integrity. Use any burning software and make sure to burn the ISO to bootable CD (Nero is the easiest but their are freebies out there can use it too) Your Roxio is find just make sure you choose the right option. Once you burned to bootable CD open the content and make sure you see multiple files instead of single .iso file.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems LLC.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
bggb29
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I use roxio toast or the disk utility on os x , never have a problem using this mrethod.