VMware Cloud Community
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to open import file

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have ESX 3.5 installed with out cluster and with out HA.

I go to Summary then Datastore cick on Upload files and th upload folder copy all the folder to new data store now it has been copied but now i dont know how to start this machine and bring this machine to left side panal ..

Now how should i start that migrated machine.

Thanks

Adeel Imtiaz

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
4 Replies
java_cat33
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

To register a valid virtual machine you must right click on the .vmx file and select "add to inventory" - this will put the VM over on the left side pane. However I'm not aware if you can upload VM's with the datastore browser. I always import VM's into ESX using VMware Converter.

However I have copied VM folders from datastore to datastore, modified the relevant VM files and added them to inventory the way specified above with no problems.

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

What you will need to do is add the virtual machine to the ESX Server inventory - this is accomplished by using the dtatstore browser and finding the files you uploaded - highlighting the configuration file, it has an extension of .vmx, dight click on it and you should have an option in the drop down menu of add to inventory -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dear All

Thank you so much for youre quick replies.....dear i have did what you say but now i comes to left side of panal but it si in GRAY in COLOR

and secondly thsi is writen invalid in Brackets like this "SQA118(invalid)"

Screen shot is attached for referance

Once again thank you soo much for quick reply

thanks

Adeel Imtiaz

Netsol Technologies

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there any convertor exist ?

I have to Copy machines from VM workstation to ESX Server by using that convertor we first convert it then import o what..?

Secondly i am recieving (invalid) thing in front of machine which i import.

0 Kudos