VMware Cloud Community
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

How to access LSI RAID configuration mode with P5M2/SAS board?

Does anyone know a tricky way to get into the LSI Raid Configuration Setup for P5M2/SAS board? It default to neither RAID 0/1 and only use my 2 existing drives only Smiley Sad

Kentsfield Q6600 Quad Core

8GB RAM

4 (500GB SATA II) drives

Onboard SATA and SAS LSI raid controller

I've used SAS mini connect to SATA drives and connected all 4 SATA drives already and each SAS connector can support 4 SATA drives so logically my board came with 2 SAS connectors can run 8 SATA connections total. I can install ESX fine but it only sees 1TB 2 drives only any trick to use all 4 drives for this board? Thanks in advance? I would like to use RAID 5 if possible. I just can't seem to get into the RAID configuration pressing CTRL+C didn't help much on the screen.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Consultant

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
2 Replies
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Has anyone using P5M2/SAS board for their ESX sandbox and online at this moment? Can you let me know how you configured your RAID and utilize all 4 SATA drives would be nice. Thanks.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!! Regards, Stefan Nguyen VMware vExpert 2009 iGeek Systems Inc. VMware vExpert, VCP 3 & 4, VSP, VTSP, CCA, CCEA, CCNA, MCSA, EMCSE, EMCISA
0 Kudos
azn2kew
Champion
Champion

Well, thanks to my friend Gabrie he has the same board and mentioned to connect to the following:

1. 1 mini sas connector connected directly to 2 SATA drives (RAID 0)

2. 1 more mini sas connector connected directly to 2 SATA drives (RAID 1)

I will have total of two RAIDs 0 & 1 both COS/VMFS & VMFS and the bios will be default no changes in bios needed and default RAID_SEL jumper on the board as well. I've followed instruction on the manual which changes in BIOS settings and have connected all 4 SATA drives to single mini sas connector. I'll manage to configure my RAID tonight! Thanks Gabrie.

Regards,

Stefan Nguyen

iGeek Systems Inc.

0 Kudos