VMware Cloud Community
vm123
Contributor
Contributor

HP 7.9.0 Insight Management Agents for ESX 3.0.x

Hi,

New version of HP Insight Management Agents for ESX 3.0.x is available in hp.com. It can be downloaded from the URL http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/27853.html

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
90 Replies
dmoroney
Contributor
Contributor

Most likely in the hpmgmt.conf you used.

0 Kudos
Da_Monkey80
Contributor
Contributor

7.9.0 will not work with 3.5, but HP just released 7.9.1 that supports 3.5

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=0&...

0 Kudos
GraphiteDak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone got this to work with 3.5 correctly? When I install 7.91 on a 3.0.2 host they will discover and under tools & links the system management homepage links will show up. When I install on 3.5 this management homepage links do not show up and the manager doesn't think that they are installed on the server. I can manually go the the systems management homepages though so that is working. So basically it seems as though this version doesn't truly support 3.50 at this point.

Also when the systems link themselves they show up only as sub-type HP Proliant and not with a sub-type of esx host. Is this to be done manually or can it be set so discovery will add it as an esx host?

0 Kudos
Schorschi
Expert
Expert

I plan to give HP 7.9.1 on ESX 3.5 a shot Sunday or Monday (Dec 30, 31).

0 Kudos
Schorschi
Expert
Expert

Sorry to not to get back to everyone sooner, but given various issues, did not get a chance to load 7.9.1 agents on ESX 3.5 until this morning. No obvious issues with installation, but have not finished validation testing. Figure to finish validation testing tomorrow or Friday.

0 Kudos
GraphiteDak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please verify whether SMH shows up in the manager for these systems (3.5). Mine installs and you can manually go to the SMH on each server but it does not show up as having SMH installed on the manager. This package works fine on 3.02 but 3.50 is having the issue with SMH.

0 Kudos
Schorschi
Expert
Expert

Manager = HP SIM right? Will check. We do not use HP SIM, but I am very familar with it. Will check and let you know.

0 Kudos
bjd145-1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just installed 7.9.1 on three ESX3.5.0 systems. On two of them, HP Insight Manager will not redirect me to the server like it does with the rest of my systems. When I click on 'Hardware Status', I get redirected to a page that states 'Property Pages are unavailable because this system acts as a WBEM storage proxy.' On the third one, everything works fine. All three with installed with an inputfile that has worked with previous versions.

The one big difference that I see between the servers that don't work and the one that does work are the management protocols.

The ones that don't redirect properly have the following Management Protocols: WBEM:1.0, SNMP:1.0, SSH:SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.6.1p2

The one that does redirect properly has the following Management Protocols : HTTP:, SMH:2.0, SNMP:1.0, SSH:SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.6.1p2

Anyone know how to force Insight Manager to use HTTP and SMH and not to use WBEM?

Brian

BTW: Going directly to the servers on port 2381 works for all three

0 Kudos
Schorschi
Expert
Expert

I hit a different rock, but in the same pit... HP Agents timeout issue where System Management Homepage (local) timesout, stop/start of hpasm no help, no errors or issues, but when I stopped and restarted hpsmh, I got proxy errors, when the box is trying to talk to its self. Running ESX 3.5 on HP 680c blade, do not believe the hardware model is significant, just mentioned it for reference.

Reboot of the ESX host seems to clear up the issue thus discovered, but I am still digging. Found the problem when trying to change the status of items in the IML. Specifically /hmaserv/common/setitem.php web script appears to timeout or abort.

0 Kudos
AndyShine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I imagine this is too late but you might want to look at this :

Looks like we need to open an extra port on the firewall to get SMH

It might explain why you can go dirctly to the server.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Schorschi
Expert
Expert

This is a known issue with 7.9.0, the zombie processes, it is inconsistent, does not always happen. Update to 7.9.1, but 7.9.1 has other issues with HP IML updates being wrong, phantom NIC up/down alerts in IML. HP confirmed that HP 8.0 agents should be out later this month (Feb 08), and should fix the issue with HP IML.

0 Kudos