VMware Cloud Community
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HOW TO CREATE WINDOWS TEMPLATE

Dear All

I am new to ESX server dont know how to create window template in EXS Server i mean infrastructure client. So that i can make lot of windows copy from that template.

Kindly help me to solve my problem step by step.

thanks

Malik Adeel Imtiaz

Netsol Technologies

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
penghaug
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hi,

Create a new VM in Virtual Center - install updates software you need to have in that template etc etc.

Right click the VM when you're done and chose "convert to template", if you later need to update it again you can "convert to virtual machine" and update it before you make it a template again.

-Pål-André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
penghaug
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hi,

If I'm not wrong you must have a VMware vCenter Server license and a VC installed to get to use that functionality. templates/clones etc.

-Pål-André
0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks you so much for reply YES i have all these stuff but how to create template?

because template ICON is different thats what i know only...:p

Malik Adeel Imtiaz Principle System Engineer NetSol Financial Suite NetSol Technologies Lahore Cantt Pakistan 54792
0 Kudos
penghaug
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hi,

Create a new VM in Virtual Center - install updates software you need to have in that template etc etc.

Right click the VM when you're done and chose "convert to template", if you later need to update it again you can "convert to virtual machine" and update it before you make it a template again.

-Pål-André
0 Kudos
MALIK_ADEEL_IMT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dear thanks you so much for you're quick reply problem has been resolved.... you are Genus...:)

secondly will you tell me i have created windows 2008 machine for template when i install VM tool it lots its VGA Smiley Sad

0 Kudos