Folks, can you please answer these questions will explanation ?
1) During Installation you manually creates a local VMFS volume. What is the purpose ?
a. Storage for service console log files
b. decentralized storage for all VMkernal swap activity
c. VMkernel swap files for locally configured virtual machines
d. Service console swap files for overcommitment of service console RAM
Ans - I think, it should be "c" because of swap......what you all think ?
2) You notice that in a VM that when viewed through Task manager shows CPU utilization averaging 95-100 %
Waht does this indicate?
a.The VM has as impeding performance problem.You should check the running processes in Windows Task Manager to determine what applicaations are consuming CPU resources
b. The VM is utilizing most of the CPU resources allocated to it. You should check CPU ready values to determine if this is a resource constraint
c. The VM has CPU affinity set to CPU 0 and is competing with the service consile for CPU resources
d. THe VM CPU reservation is not suffiecient
3) What are the characterestices of VMware Consolidation Backup ?
a. it required backup agents in VM
b. It allows the use of FC tape from agents within the VM
c. It performs image level backup for windows VM
d. IT performs file level backup for Wiindows VM
Ans- c and d
4) Which two methods could your use to guarantee that VM gets 100% of a CPU on the host when it needs it ?
a. set CPU affinity on that VM pinning it to a CPU1
b. set the CPU reservation for this VM to 100%
c. set CPU affinity on that VM, pinning it to CPU1 and set CPU affinity on all other VM's so that they specifically cannot use CPU1.
d. set the cPU limit for this VM to 100%
Ans- b and c
5) On the DRS cluster which three steps are part of the process of creating a VM in VC2.x
a. choose whether you are creating a Typical or Custom VM
b. select the group fiolder within the server farm in which you want to the VM to reside
c. select the reource pool in which you want to run the VM
d. connect the cd-rom drive to your OS disk
e. select a datstore in which to store the VM file
Ans - no idea