VMware Cloud Community
Merlin_Corwin
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 3.5.0 license issue

I have install ESX Server 3.5.0 (64607) on a single processor IBM x3560 server (evaluation software for 60 days)

I'm trying to register that server so I decide to buy the VMware ESX Server 3i for 2 Processors at 495$ since it's a stand alone installation.

I've received a license key from VMWare but it is not compatible with my server. It does not allow me to start new Vmachine or add new Vmachine.

I suspect the 3i license is not the license I should have buy...

So I do I buy/change/replace my actual license for the right one ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Peter_vm
Immortal
Immortal

You should contact that place you have bought license from.

0 Kudos
Merlin_Corwin
Contributor
Contributor

I bought the license from the website of VMWare...

0 Kudos
Merlin_Corwin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the proposed response but I have an open ticket with VMware about this but they do not move very fast on it, this is why I've start posting here.

The VMware answer is to install ESX 3i instead since I have bought the ESX 3i license.

My question was to have the right licensing for the ESX 3.5.0. instead but I didn't received an answer yet about this (10 days ago).

Our ESX 3.5.0 is in production right. With all the test of putting the license key on it and removing it, the evaluation is now "stuck" at 36 days.

I'm not sure that this will still work past the real 60 evaluation days limit...

So this is why we're trying to have the right licensing for the 3.5.0 instead of reinstalling the server.

If I do not have the choice, we will do the reinstallation...

0 Kudos
oreeh
Immortal
Immortal

FYI: this thread has been moved to the VMware Infrastructure - Installation and Upgrade forum.

Oliver Reeh

VMware Communities User Moderator

0 Kudos