VMware Cloud Community
grex827
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESX 3.0.1 - Patching best practices

When I patch, I follow the vmware installation procedures. There is no mention of the best way to remove the files though. I get rid of the original .tgz file via the script I wrote which executes the patches, but can the directories that the .tgz files create when untarred also be removed post-installation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
virtualdud3
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, the "ESX-xxx" directories may be removed after the patches have been installed.

############### Under no circumstances are you to award me any points. Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
virtualdud3
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, the "ESX-xxx" directories may be removed after the patches have been installed.

############### Under no circumstances are you to award me any points. Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
williamarrata
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You may also want to make all you rfuture patching tasks a little easier. Go to the web site

and download this great patching tool. Its easy and does everything for you.

Good Luck Smiley Happy

Hope that helped. 🙂
grex827
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks to the both of you. Much appreciated. William - I'd love to use a patching tool, believe me, unfortuantley working for a large company, coupled with a large client, make using these sorts of tools a near impossibilty as they have to become approved by both the client, and my comapny. I will keep that tool in mind thouh...should they ever as for a recommendation. Thanks agian to you both.

0 Kudos