VMware Cloud Community
acnsys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

EMC Storage viewer plugin

Hi guys,

Just installed the storage viewer plugin with the solutions enabler. I can see stuff but most of the properties are shown unknown, see screenshot.

Any ideas?

I have left the remote server property empty.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
philzy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
6 Replies
philzy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Local server doesn't have connection via Enabler.

Look at this posts:

1. http://communities.vmware.com/thread/203208

2. http://communities.vmware.com/message/1309486#1309486

0 Kudos
acnsys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thats not what i read in those linked threads:

I got this to work by under the settings for Enable Server leaving the remote server blank and clicking on save settings. LUN's are now showing up. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Actually when i test the connection it works. I dont have a license installed though for it.

I would rather think it is a limitation of the plugin that was designed for Symmetrix products. NO?

0 Kudos
philzy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes it's а very stange product. It uses 160 Mb installed deamons to see LUN names & targets.

Why not to use navicli on ESX-host for this? I don't know...

Also with limitation for x86 (32 bits) clients OS for plug-in install.

0 Kudos
acnsys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Whatever...I have the plugin installed on the Virtual Center server, i have solution enabler installed on a computer that has access to at least one LUN on my SAN, i have added the license key with the symmcli binary tool and authorized my Storage processors,...i should be all good but now when i try to configure it on the VI Client (tetsing the connection) i got a connection error (please see screenshot).

Obviously nothing is listening on port 2707 when i do a netstat.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
philzy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try to see firewall settings for both workstation/server with LUN access & ESX-host.

May be port 2706 blocked or SYMCLi daemon is not started?

acnsys
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The SYMCLI daemon was not installed...it is not installed by default. I got it all working now.

0 Kudos