VMware Cloud Community
zeeshansofi
Contributor
Contributor

Converter Error

Hi

I am tying to convert a standalone phycical machine to VM on one of my ESX server, but while connecting to the machine from converter, it is giving me logon error, the OS is windows 2003 standard edition.

Thanks

Zahed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fmateo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hello,

You need to log on with adminitrator rights. Try to put the workgroup like that: WORKGROUP\user, and then type the password. Try to log on, to another server, (only log on). If don't work, try to reinstall converter product (uninstall, reboot and install). I find a lot of problems, if the .NET is not correct installed or if I install vmware converter with other user. Always after each installation (not agent, only: .NET, converter, ...), restart de computer.

Francesc

0 Kudos
zeeshansofi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I tried with another server with domain user name and password, now i am able to connect but the task is failed at 4%, i rebooted both the converter and source machine after installing the software, but still the job is failed at 4% only, any help.

Thanks

Zahed.

0 Kudos
fmateo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you try to re-install converter?

I found the same problem. I solved it uninstalling the converter program. Uninstall converter, reboot machine and install converter.

Which version are you using? With 3.0.2 I can't do any migration. I used 3.0.1 version.

Francesc

0 Kudos