VMware Cloud Community
carsontu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can't connect ESX 3.5 host after fresh installation

I just did a fresh installation of ESX 3.5 host. I can't connect it either by VI client or web browser. I can't ping it either. The ESX host can ping itself, but can't ping other. The network connection should be OK, Because I didn't a FTP installation. I stopped the firewall service and iptables service. Things doesn't change. My hardware work used to run ESX 3.01, everything was fine. Is there any magic here?

When I do the installation, I put a VLAN ID as "1". The default was leave blank. Does this make difference?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes setting a VLAN tag will make a difference - try running through the install again with out setting a vlan tag or go to the console and us ethe command esxcfg-vswif command -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes setting a VLAN tag will make a difference - try running through the install again with out setting a vlan tag or go to the console and us ethe command esxcfg-vswif command -

0 Kudos
carsontu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the input. It is the VLAN problem. I was able to set the VLAN ID back to 0 by using esxcfg-vswitch command. Now it is working.

0 Kudos