VMware Cloud Community
Sashi
Contributor
Contributor

Alarm notification in ESX host

Hi Friends,

I would like to configure Alarm notification to send email to my email id if host is down.. Please help me in sending the step by step configuration steps to configure the same.. I tried configuring it, but it failed to send notification..SMTP service is running,,,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

maybe helpful http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=100806...

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
IB_IT
Expert
Expert

That kb looks to be for snmp alerting, not smtp.

You need to find a valid smtp address in your environment to point to (mail server?). Once you know the address, you have to configure the settings in your VIC under Administration > VirtualCenter Management Server Configuration

0 Kudos
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

to configure e-mai is Administration > vCenter Server Settings > Mail

check image mail.

you need customize alerts to receive email check image 2.

go to vcenter > alarms > edit settings > action > add

*If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"*

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos