VMware Cloud Community
sasser
Contributor
Contributor

After install the patches was released on April 10, 2008, I cant install the patches from 2008_03_10 and the install ESX350-Update01 failt with error.

Hello, yes I have forgotten to install the first released patches for ESX 3.5 from 2008-03-10 and have first installed the patches from 2008-04-10. And now, the patch "ESX350-Update01" needs the old patches. But the installation from the old patches fails with error "Bundle ESX350-200802301-BG is obsoleted by and so on. How I can install the needed old patches or deinstall the new patches and to start all over again. What is the best practice for my problem??? Thanks for your help. Bye.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal

Since update manager is failing, burn the ISO of Update 1, and boot your ESX host from the cd using the ISO. This will allow you to update your ESX host using the ISO, instead of update manager. Make sure you select upgrade and not fresh install, if you don't want to reconfigure your system.

This should be a fairly easy way to get up to Update 1.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
0 Kudos
Schorschi
Expert
Expert

After the update is done, just for sanity, run esxupdate -l query, and validate that all updates are in place. Refer to VMware release notes for for 3.5 Update 1 for details.

0 Kudos
mike_laspina
Champion
Champion

Hi,

If you are sure that you need the old patches inplace then specify the -f option of esxupdate program to force the install.

http://blog.laspina.ca/ vExpert 2009
0 Kudos