johnmcc22
Contributor
Contributor

Adding another iscsi target

Jump to solution

Hi,

One of our hosts is running 3.01, currently on a iSCSi Netapp SAN. We just deployed a Compellent SAN,  how do I add another ISCSi target,? In the Dymanic Discovery tab of the initiator I added the server (and port 3260),  but do I also add under the iqn name under the General tab? The reason I'm asking this before I attempt it is  I dont' want to lose the current connection, and I'm afraid hitting configure on the General Tab and entering in the new iqn name might remove the other one.

thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mreed9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After the storage target has been added via the dynamic discovery option all the luns presented to the esx host should be visible in the devices view for the iscsi software adapter. It will go through the process of rescanning the storage adapter to recognize the new storage and shouldn't cause any issues with the currently connected storage.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mreed9
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After the storage target has been added via the dynamic discovery option all the luns presented to the esx host should be visible in the devices view for the iscsi software adapter. It will go through the process of rescanning the storage adapter to recognize the new storage and shouldn't cause any issues with the currently connected storage.

0 Kudos